Differentiated Selling – You’re Not Just a Commodity!
It’s not unusual for sales people in any industry to hear the following words from a customer: “show me what you do . . . and just tell me what it costs.” This implies that it’s all about price. The services that you provide are not a commodity, even though many of our customers are experts at leading us to believe that is true. You need to make certain that your products/services are differentiated from the competition!
When we sell to our true differentiators and link those to the way that we can help our customers operate their businesses more efficiently we remove the commodity stigma.
In the workshop:
- Discuss the five key differentiators
- How those differentiators solve problems for our customers
We then go on to learn how we:
- Identify those problems through a high-level customer conversation
We know that eventually, we’re going to have to talk about price but that conversation only needs today take place after we’ve identified the ways we can help our customers work better and more efficiently and after our customers understand the value that your partnership with them brings to their business.
What are attendees saying about this course?
- “This workshop allowed me to better understand where and why some deals & projects get hung up. Overall a good experience – long overdue in our organization!” B.P., Project Manager
- “Our company will now have a “common language for sales”. – N.O., Sr. Project Manager
- “This will allow us to gain more “qualified sales”. Thanks, Marilyn, for your energy, humility, & smile.” – J.R., Project Manager
- “Our organization will benefit because we will have a more detailed process for business development opportunities. Very helpful. Lots to consider and implement– A.V. – Senior Project Manager/VP
- “Absolutely loved the roleplaying! It was the best means for applying what I’d learned.” – C.S., Project Manager
- “Our organization will benefit by now having a shared language and a more organized and standardized approach. Good job; valuable information”– M.L., Sr. Project Manager
- “I enjoyed the learning process and our group. Dedicating time set aside and prep work helped.” – B. A., Project Mgr.
- “This was great! Thanks.” C.S, PM/Structural Engineer
- “This will assist me in being more direct.” S.L., Sr. L.S.
- “The role playing situations were good practice to try out different techniques.” – N. B., Senior Project Manager
- “Great course. I appreciated the role-playing exercise, they were very helpful.” – R. W., Project Manager
- “Great process. Liked the interaction.” – J.L., Sr. Project Manager
- “Great program. Very useful.” – B.N., Vice President